Fresno Attorney for Spinal Injuries
When an individual suffers a spinal injury due to another person’s negligence or intention, the victim may have legal recourse to seek compensation. Our consultation is free, and our fees are based on the success of your case.
Types of Spinal Injury Cases We Can Help With
- Fractured vertebra that leaves the spinal cord vulnerable. A pinch to the spinal cord from a fracture could cause permanent paralysis, such as paraplegia or quadriplegia.
- A herniated disk
- A ruptured disk
- High-Cervical Nerves (C1 – C4)
- Low-Cervical Nerves (C5 – C8)
- Thoracic Nerves (T1 – T5)
- Thoracic Nerves (T6 – T12)
What should you do after a Spinal Injury?
Most people who suffer a spinal injury are immediately sent to the hospital for treatment. Most often these injuries occur from a car crash or slip and fall injury.
Don’t wait, call a personal injury attorney right away.
Ask a loved one to help so you can concentrate on getting well
- Take photographs of your injuries
- Get a police report
- Get the witnesses names and contact information
- Get a statement with your phone of what the witness saw happen
Don’t wait. Call a personal injury attorney right away.
- You pay nothing unless we win your case.
- Attorney Tim Mazzela is available 24 hours a day to meet with you by phone, via video chat, or in person. Because of COVID, we are not available to come to homes or hospitals, but we are available to review your case.
Why Hire a Spinal Injury Lawyer?
Having handled countless cases involving severe spine injuries, Attorney Tim Mazzela has a true understanding of the long-standing effects a spinal cord injury or other neck or back injury. In addition to coping with the pain and anguish that the injuries cause, victims of spinal injuries have to learn a new way of life – a life full of barriers and challenges that most people cannot understand.
When Should You Call a Spinal Injury lawyer?
After your preliminary medical treatment, your next step should be to call a spinal injury attorney. Tim Mazzela’s office can help you receive proper medical attention so you can focus on your health while they begin the work of building your case in this complicated area of law.
- If you want to get the maximum settlement
- If you want to know the value of your case
- If the insurance company is treating you unfairly
- If you need assistance settling medical treatment
What can I be compensated for when I’m a Victim of a Spinal Injury?
We have successfully obtained millions of dollars on behalf of our injured clients by
- Carefully examining of your case
- Thoroughly understanding of the extent of your injuries
- Our determination to help you recover
California law recognizes the following items as Economic Damages
- Past medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Past wage loss
- Future wage loss
- Loss of earning capacity
- Past and future surgeries
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of household services
- Modifying your home to accommodate the disability
- Out-of-pocket expenses you incurred to accommodate the injuries and disabilities caused the accident.
California law recognizes the following items as Non-Economic Damages
- Impact on your personal life
- Impact on your family relationships
- Impact on your professional life
- The impact on your life and your family’s lives
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental/emotional distress
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Temporary disability
- Permanent disability