Fresno Lawyer for Brain and Head Injuries
When an individual suffers a brain or head injury due to another person’s negligence or intention, the victim may have legal recourse to seek compensation.
Types of Brain and Head Injury Cases We Can Help With
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Closed head injuries
- Open head injuries
- Concussions – mild traumatic brain injury (MTBI)
- Bleeding of the brain
- A cerebral contusion (bruise to brain tissue)
- Head injuries resulting in permanent cognitive impairment, physical disability, or mood imbalance
- Violent shaking of the head from whiplash-type movements
What should you do after a Brain or Head Injury?
- Most people who suffer a head or brain injury are immediately sent to the hospital for treatment.
Ask a loved one to help so you can concentrate on getting well
- Take photographs of your injuries
- Get a police report
- Get the witnesses names and contact information
- Get a statement with your phone of what the witness saw happen
Don’t wait. Call a personal injury attorney right away.
- You pay nothing unless we win your case.
- Attorney Tim Mazzela is available 24 hours a day to meet with you by phone, via video chat, or in person. Because of COVID, we are not available to come to homes or hospitals, but we can handle your business.
Why Hire a Brain and Head Injury Lawyer?
It’s vital to seek legal assistance from a law group with experience in catastrophic traumatic brain injury cases to handle the investigation into your case and guide you through the complicated legal process of pursuing financial compensation.
Did you know that you can suffer TBI even if your head does not strike an object to cause trauma to the brain? It is important to work with an attorney familiar with TBIs and is keeping up with the latest science in this rapidly evolving area of medicine.
When should you call a Brain and Head Injury accident lawyer?
After your preliminary medical treatment, your next step should be to call a brain and head injury attorney. Tim Mazzela’s office can help you receive proper medical attention so you can focus on your health while they begin the work of building your case in this complicated area of law.
- If you want to get the maximum settlement
- If you want to know the value of your case
- If the insurance company is treating you unfairly
- If you need assistance settling medical treatment
What can I be compensated for when I’m a Victim of a Brain and Head Injury?
Because traumatic brain injuries can result in such significant financial damage, determining the personal injury claim’s value is vital in bringing about legal action.
Placing a value on a case takes years of legal expertise. To determine the value of a case, Fresno personal injury attorney Tim Mazzela draws on decades of experience with his verdicts and settlements, reviews other prominent lawyers’ verdicts and settlements, and uses resources not available to the general public.
California law recognizes the following items as Economic Damages
- Past medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Past wage loss
- Future wage loss
- Loss of earning capacity
- Past and future surgeries
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of household services
- Modifying your home to accommodate the disability
- Out-of-pocket expenses you incurred to accommodate the injuries and disabilities caused the accident.
California law recognizes the following items as Non-Economic Damages
- Impact on your personal life
- Impact on your family relationships
- Impact on your professional life
- The impact on your life and your family’s lives
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental/emotional distress
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Temporary disability
- Permanent disability